Friday, May 23, 2008

the week in review





Monday- a.c. fixed only $217 (builder paid for half), 46 loads of laundry (a little exaggeration), Doug painted the kid's bathroom poolside blue. Found out I will be teaching a.m. Kinder at our new neighborhood school-Yeah! I get to be w/ my kids again next year!

Tuesday- Chris arose at 6:30 wondering how many hours until his first baseball practice of the season- the child lives for baseball! Practice was canceled due to weather- boo hoo! Stayed at school FOREVER to get ready for the end of the year. Another 46 loads of laundry.

Wednesday- Kindergarten Field Trip to the Zoo and Discovery Center. What an adventure w/ 100 Kindergartners! Luckily no one got lost or hurt! I even got to spend a little time w/ the twins as I had fantastic chaperones. Made 48 cupcakes for the twins b-day bash at school.

Thursday- Meetings all afternoon at school. Kindergarten program- man they are so stinkin' cute. I didn't get to watch the twins much as my class demanded my attention. One of my joy boys really got into the actions on, "We're Going on a Bear Hunt." He fell off the back of the risers. He was screaming so loud you could not hear the other 99 kiddos singing. However, he got right back up there and sang his lungs out. I must say Cassi was the cutest Ole dancer I have ever seen.

Friday- Long a.m. at school! Came home and watched a friend's kiddo for a few hours. The twins thought it was so cool to babysit until I had to change the nasty diaper. Then off to the mall to get the man some new duds. I then begged the fam to stop at Costco as we are out of everything! Home by 8- kind of nice to all be under one roof!

The weekend- Weather permitting we hope to visit the pool as it opened today. My preacher boy is preaching so we will be supporting him in at least one service. BBQing w/ friends, twins have a b-day party to attend, hopefully continuing all these painting projects we need to finish, plant flowers, and whatever else we can cram into a 3 day weekend!

4 comments:

Dionna said...

We want to see the painted rooms when you're done so take some pictures! :)

Nicole said...

thanks again for watching the little man...sorry about the stinky pants! we are working on that! have fun painting.

Kim said...

Can't wait to see all your painting!!! I love paint names - "poolside blue" sounds very fun! Glad to hear you're plans for next year. It's so nice being at the same school as the kiddos. Bummed we missed Doug's message, we'll have to view it on the web. How many more days until summer??? :)K

Always around said...

wow, someone who has as much laundry as I do! The last few days of school are always crazy-fun!