Friday, May 16, 2008

my mom

my mom is truly an amazing woman. i am truly blessed by God to be able to call her mother. when i read proverbs 31 she truly displays all of those attributes. if there is anyone that i could be like it would be her. i am not the only that feels this way... the other night while doing devotions we asked our kids who they would like to be like when they grow up? cassi said, g-ma kiki, and for the record chris said papa (you're not so bad yourself dad).
my mom has made so many sacrifices for me. she is an incredibly hard worker. in fact, there are times that i have trouble keeping up with her. she is definitely not a person to sit around.
she is the most generous person that i have EVER met. she is constantly doing things for her family and others around her. there is not a selfish bone in her body.
she is incredibly hospitable. she always has people in her home for meals, or to stay the night. people rave about her food. she amazes me how she can whip up a gourmet meal in no time flat. she definitely gives martha stewart a run for her money.
there has never been a doubt in my mind that my mom does not love her family fiercely. she truly displays this in word and deed. she has been our prayer warrior, our cheer leader, the shoulder we needed to cry on, our encourager, and in my younger years she gave me the discipline i needed. even now she gives me her opinions (when consulted) in a loving way. she has always made being a mom look like the easiest job ever! sometimes i wonder what i am doing wrong? it doesn't come so easy for me (not that i don't love it!) she loves my husband and children in a way that i never could of thought possible. i am so thankful for influence on our family's life.
the part that i love about my mom the most is that she loves and fears the Lord. her life has not always been a cake walk, but she has always remained faithful to the Lord. many have come to Christ because of His evidence in her life. one of those people is me, and for that i am eternally thankful.
i am so looking forward to this weekend to have a little time w/ her. we are going to beth moore together. she has never been, and i am so excited to be able to be able to take her.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

wow. i could take those words and use all of them for my mom. i am too so blessed to have an amazing mom who continues to challenge, uplift and counsel me. she too loves my family more than words can express. i am jealous you are going to beth moore. i have never been. looking forward to a time when i can. have fun friend.