Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

We had such a fun weekend in baker w/ my family, of course it would of been much better if Douglas could of made the trek w/ us! The main reason for our trip was for my sister's baby shower. She is expecting a boy on June 23rd. The whole family is absolutely crazy about this baby coming. This is our first baby-so we are all a little anxious.
Friday- We packed up the car, picked up Trev early from school, and began our 2 hour journey. We met my family at the baseball field and were able to see my younger brother play. After the game we all headed to eat dinner at my parent's house. My sis and brother in law finally arrived around 8 p.m. I was so excited to see her, as i have not seen her since January. She is the cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen. She looks like she has a basketball popping out under her shirt.
Saturday- We all made breakfast together, and then the girls headed out for a walk (mom, sis, sis-in-law, and me). Upon returning we all prepared for my sis' shower. We had a wonderful time at the shower. It was so fun to be w/ all the women that I love and admire so much. I am so excited for my sis- she is going to be an AWESOME mom! After the shower we went to my parent's house for a bit, and then went back to the ball field for another game. After the game we all enjoyed dinner together.
Sunday-The kids and I headed back home when they all went to church. I came home to a clean house, and a basket full of goodies and gift certificates. I also got a new potholder-Trev, and various other handmade treasures. I was definitely spoiled. I took a walk by myself, and then we took a bike ride as a family. Doug made homemade pizza for us and some extra special friends. It was a great Mother's Day!
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family! My kids have the absolute best time in Baker. They really should be farm kids. They had a great time 4-wheeling, biking, collecting eggs, helping Papa move sprinklers, and of course Christopher's all time favorite throwing rocks in the pond. There is not a dull moment on a farm! I would post photos, but I left my camera in Baker!

No comments: