Thursday, May 15, 2008

a shocking day

let me just tell you there is never a dull moment in kindergarten. i thought i had seen it all the day one of my boys urinated in the field at recess. well, let's just say i was speechless today. i had a parent volunteer helping out, and she had brought in her younger son. he did wonderful the first 1.5 hours, but after the class went to recess and computers he got a little bored. his mother thought he was coloring on one of my easels. all of a sudden sparks started flying everywhere! then came the cry!
long story short he is fine. my scissors-now that is another story. about a half inch of them was melted into nothing. i also have a huge black mark on the outlet and wall around it.
i can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. i am sure it will be exciting as my class is practicing eating lunch in the cafeteria for next year when they will be big first graders.

8 comments:

Alisha Beverly said...

No way! That is too funny!

Life As I Know It said...

Oh my! That is crazy! I'm glad he was ok.

Dionna said...

Oh my! What a disaster that could have been! I'm so glad he was okay!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Glad everything was o.k. She is a brave woman to bring a younger sibling in like that for so long.

My niece and nephew had their "practice first grade" day earlier this week. They thought it was so cool to eat lunch at school :)

Always around said...

Gatta love those K.G.'ers! My most terrifying days have been subbing for K.G and first.

scarlett said...

Let me just say when I saw said scissors I thought someone had found them on the playground and was trying to use them as some type of weapon. I mean the tips were gone and they basically looked like they had been lying around a while all black and yucky. I was glad to hear that I did not have to meet with a little person about our no weapons policy. When I heard the story well, I will admit I was laughing!

fab5 said...

does this mean they have been passed around the school, and i am now the teacher that is the topic for the lounge converstion? oh yeah...you all that work all day need something to talk about at lunch!

Kim said...

Scary!!! Our school has adopted a no-younger-sibling rule this year, which I thought was crazy -- but maybe not! :)K