Saturday, April 26, 2008

Decorating Dilemma

In the past few weeks I have finally found new bedding for our bedroom and both of the twins bedrooms. I have also picked up about 500 paint swatches and there is still no paint on the walls. Doug is running out of patience w/ me so I need to make some decisions here. The man is in the mood to paint, and once he gets going he could have all of these boring khaki rooms done in no time! I just can't make up my mind! So, I need some help? Where do you go for inspiration/ideas? I need to get my creative juices flowing w/ your help! We have so many rooms to paint, but I just can't decide on even ONE color yet! Help w/ our decorating dilemma!

7 comments:

Dionna said...

I have to see something and then it inspires me. Where? Everywhere - basically. I know - not much help.
Doug can come paint my rooms if he wants! HA
We just painted Kayla's room green - and if you scroll through my archives you can see where we painted the playroom "Current Jam" and the downstairs brown. Kamica's room went brown and pink. You're welcome to come over and look at the colors on the walls if you want. I really like Behr paints - they seem to closely resemble the color on the swatch.

Our Ministry said...

Yes I would agree we need help!!

doug

Life As I Know It said...

We bought a program at Fred Meyer in the paint department that you load on your computer. You take a picture of the room you want to paint and it let's you change the color of the walls on the screen. Gives you an idea of what the room would look like in different colors.

Jen said...

how about hgtv or tlc- while you were out/trading space. they might have some good ideas, or at least get the creative juices flowing.

Donnycon said...

If I were you I would just paint everything bright pink. Doug would love it.

Kim said...

I'm on my way! :)K

Lorilu said...

Try looking at decorating book and magazines. Also decide what "feeling" you want to have in the room. There's my .02 :)