Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Warning Gel Nails Highly Flammable!!!

So, it has been a pretty crazy day to say the least! I know 2 posts in one day and still no Hawaii- please forgive me! I came home ASAP from school because we are changing dish companies so we can finally have DVR-Yeah! The guy finally showed up around 1:15. I asked him how long it would take, and he said 3 to 5 hours, and we had to be here the whole time. So, I canceled our 4:30 doctor appointments, and figured we would still be able to go to church tonight. WRONG! The technician was here until 8:30 tonight!
The worst part is he stunk really bad! So, I am finally back to my title..... I lit candles all over the house to help w/ the smell. As I was lighting one Chris was talking to me and I was focusing on him instead of the lit match in my hand, and BOOM the end of my nail caught on fire. I quickly blew it out and no real damage other than it being black at the end and my finger a little sore! The stupid part is I just got my nails filled yesterday. The last thing I want to do is drag the twins back to the nail place to have this sucker fixed. Who would of thunk gel was that flammable?!
Crazy to be home on a Wednesday night. We took a walk/bike ride as we had eaten dinner early thinking we were headed to church. Cassi had a bad wipe out so we had to come home and have 2 bowls of ice cream each- that creamy stuff can heal a lot of wounds! All in all we made the best of our day-kind of nice to be home for a change! Especially if you don't torch your nails!

6 comments:

Dionna said...

We just got DV-R about a month ago too. LOVING it! For one - we hardly watch commercials anymore. We get the movie channels free for a few months (which can be a bad thing because of content) and I'm able to record some of the good oldies in the wee hours of the morning like "Happy Days" to introduce good tv to my kids. :)

Alisha Beverly said...

Oh man! Your poor nail! That is so funny! I wish I could have been there to seen that one. What did Chris think of your nail catching on fire!?

Anonymous said...

See what you get for skipping church ;) Totally kidding.

I have heard a few stories from your travel buddy but I can't wait to see some pictures!!

Life As I Know It said...

I have heard that those suckers are highly flammable, but have never experienced it for myself. Glad it wasn't worse.

Kim said...

That is hilarious - You should have been sipping coffee with me! Can't wait to hear all about HI :)K

SPARKY said...

oh my word. thats too funny. glad no damage occurred, i mean other than one beautiful fake nail!