Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"You're Going to Miss This"

This is Doug's and my new motto around the home front. We got a little addicted to Celebrity Apprentice and this song really struck a chord with us. Our little people are growing up so fast. I think they all grew at least an inch while we were in Hawaii. But, back to the song whenever we get a little annoyed or overwhelmed w/ the demands of our kiddos we just say "You're Going to miss this!"
Last night was one of those "You're Going to Miss This" nights. We are still recovering from our trip and trying to catch up on everything (i will post pictures soon- check out doug's). Cassi and I had the opportunity to go see Broadway in Boise "Annie" and the boys went to see Spiderwick w/ their dad. Doug and I both wanted to just be home as we have not been home an evening since returning. We both had great nights w/ our kids. Cassi LOVED the play! She was totally into it! She loved all the singing and dancing. Mrs. Hannigan was absolutely hilarious- Cassi got such a kick out of her! She wanted to sit on my lap which I enjoyed every minute of! Thanks Nicole and Evan for the tickets!
Doug had a great night w/ the boys as well. He had the same privilege of holding Chris on his lap through the scary parts. It's kind of funny as that was one of the first things that we asked each other about the night-"How long was your lap empty?"
I absolutely love the ages of kids right now (i have loved every age though!) I can't imagine going to a play or a movie w/ out somebody on my lap! I really am going to Miss this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way, I love the ages of my kids! it's so easy to wanna rush through the day to complete all the "must do's". I have to slow myself down and realize the same thing - I don't want to miss any of this! Glad you guys had a good time away - now you need a vacation from your vacation! Love you guys ... clairely still prays for all your kids every single night :)

Angela said...

I love that song too, makes me tear up everytime I hear it (even though I don't have kids yet.) :)