Monday, July 16, 2007

Summer Fun!!!

The past two weeks have been packed full of fun! We finally had a free afternoon to float the Boise River, and had an absolute blast! I can say that now that my black eye is almost gone! The first half of the river was great, and then came the fun part! We went over one of those little dips in the river and I went flying from the front of the boat to the back and landed on Doug and the twins. Somehow our noggins collided and we both ended up with black eyes. My eye instantly turned black, blue, and swollen. Doug's was just a nice bruise. I spent the rest of the trip rowing and holding a frozen Capri Sun on my eye-Good times! Even with our injuries we had a wonderful time and are looking forward to floating again at the end of the month.





The good part about Doug and I having matching black eyes was that we were headed to Colorado to a ministry conference. I wonder why everyone thought we should go to the marriage session?! We traveled to the conference with the Harrington family in one of the church vans. The trickiest part of the trip was buckling six kids into boosters every time we reloaded. It was seriously a five to ten minute process each time! The kiddos did AWESOME on the trip, however it did help that we had two DVD players, Leapsters, coloring utensils, many snacks, and numerous other toys. We had a wonderful time seeing the sights in Colorado, hanging out with our friends, and being spiritually recharged. The not so fun part of the trip was cleaning out the van when we got back to Boise!

8 comments:

Louisiana Belle said...

What fun! I'm so impressed that you all traveled together for such a long trip- I guess it helps keep each other entertained.

As for the rafting trip, I'd like to see a close-up photo of your black eye! Glad you could laugh about it all!

Angela said...

What fun on the river! I really want to float the river...but not if I have the chance of flying in the air and getting a black eye! haha. I am glad it didn't ruin your good time. :)

Kimberly said...

Great looking raft! I guess you probably won't be needing ours this summer. :)

I'm glad you guys all had fun on your trip!

Dionna said...

I'm sorry about your black eyes! How did you get one before your rafting trip in the first place?
Glad you had fun in Colorado too...

Anonymous said...

I didn't even notice your black eye on Sunday - must've healed well! That is too funny you both had 'em. Glad to hear your trip went well :)

Alaskagirl said...

Glad you had a great trip, but I bet it is nice to be home and getting rested from your vacation!

Anonymous said...

i love your blog, heather! it's a great way to catch up on your family. I can't believe how big your kids are! Glad you're all enjoying the summer ...

fab5 said...

you mean Doug's blog! He is the one on me to keep it updated. I just got a new and improved digital camera so maybe that will keep me more motivated! Hope your summer is going well!