Friday, June 29, 2007

Our Happy Camper Returns Home!!!


Trevar returned this afternoon from Kids Kamp at Warm Lake with our church. He had a wonderful time making friends, swimming, catching bugs and other interesting creatures, building dams, playing games, touching a real sword, getting little sleep, taking few showers, not brushing his teeth, and losing half of what he took up to camp.

I must admit it has been very lonely this week without him! Not that the twins and I sat around and cried about missing Trev. Not us, we had adventures of our own! We actually went to Baker City on Sunday and met up with my parents. We jumped in their Suburban and headed to Yakima to spend the night with my sis. The twins had a great time with their Auntie Kati! We woke up early the next morning to head to Seattle. We literally did it all in one day. We started off at Pike's Market and gorged ourselves on everything imaginable, headed up the big hills to do a little shopping at Westlake, rode the Monorail to Seattle Center, went to the top of the Space needle, more shopping at Pike's, strolled down to the Wharf to eat yet some more famous Seattle grub, walked around Pioneer Square, and then headed to the Mariner's Game. Chris and my brother Will stood in line to get their Mariner's balls autographed and were successful. What a fun filled day! The twins were quite the little troopers, my mom and I estimated they walked at least 5 miles. After the game we headed back to Yakima to stay with my sis again. We did not arrive until about 1:30 a.m. We were up again the next morning to head back to Baker first, and then the twins and I hopped in the car to head back to Boise just in time for Home Team.

On Wednesday we headed up to Kamp ourselves to check on big brother. We had a great day with him, and yes we learned he was doing fine with out us! Chris and Cassi had a great time playing the big kid games. It was hard for Chrisanna and I to convince all of our little ones to get in the car to come home at the end of the day! We did contemplate leaving them with Keith though!

We are so thankful for the great week that it turned out to be! We celebrated being reunited tonight by going to a movie. I think the cutest part of the whole day was watching my children exchange the gifts/treasures they had brought back for one another. God has truly blessed us with wonderful children! What am I going to do when they all go to camp? Go as a counselor...No I think I'll just...well who knows!

7 comments:

Dionna said...

Eliseo took me to the restaurant at the top of the Space Needle the day he proposed to me - so Seattle has a special place in my heart.:)
Kamica said she pushed Cassie and Kiki on the swings up at camp and had fun with them.... :)

Dionna
http://simplydionna.blogspot.com

Lorilu said...

Yes I'm with you...when N starts attending camp I think I will want to be there too.

Louisiana Belle said...

Glad you survived all of your adventures, and your "empty" house!

Dionna said...

Hey - I see you added my link. :) Just so you know - I have two blogs - the one you added is my more public blog where I share my faith with women through my ministry for moms. If you want to peek inside our daily life at home and really see what's going on with us - that blog is at: http://simplydionna.blogspot.com
Sorry to make it confusing! HA :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy week! Glad Trevor had fun at camp and you all survived without him around :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you're all back home safely! His things are bound to show up. Some other mom is probably washing them for you first :)
Seattle - Fab 5 style. It would have taken us days!

Angela said...

Wow, that sounds like a fun packed time! I love Seattle! It is so much fun. I am glad that Trevar had such a good time at Kid's Kamp too!