Friday, June 1, 2007

We Can Eat Butt We Just Can't Say It!


The other day I was doing household chores, so I flipped on Paula Dean. Since I don't cook it is entertaining to watch someone who can. I left the T.V. on and moved to my next job on the agenda. The twins came in from outside and plopped down and began watching. Pretty soon I heard them talking about eating butt. Cassi said, "I can't believe people actually eat butt. Mom won't even let us say that word." Christopher continued with, "I bet butt is so gross!" My ears perked right up as we have been telling them the word is inappropriate. Of course like any mother would do, I went roaring in and told them not to say the "word". After watching for a few minutes myself I realized that Paula Dean was making pork butt.
We then proceeded to have a conversation about how the butt, or rump of the animal is where all of the good meat that we eat is from. Cassi piped up, "So, we can eat butt, but we just can't say it!"

5 comments:

SPARKY said...

that picture is nasty. too funny.

Anonymous said...

That is "stinkin" hilarious =)...Scott....

Angela said...

That is so funny! That really makes me laugh!

Lorilu said...

Kids say the funniest things- that's one I will have to remember! :)

P.S.
I found your blog!

fab5 said...

glad you found us!