Friday, August 22, 2008

my dad



this week my world has been shaken. last week my family and i had a great time biking, boating, eating, and sitting by the pool in mccall. last week my dad was a wild man trying out the new wakeboard and chasing his 4 grandchildren around, this week we found out he has to have triple by-pass open heart surgery. yes, i am typing that! he went from having episodes of chestpain/breathing difficulty to surgery in a 24 hour period.

God truly has had his hand on this whole situation. he sent my parents to the right doctors at the right times. if the blockage would of gone undetected much longer things would not look so promising.
so, as you can imagine my dad is on my heart. he such an amazing man. he has always been my superhero and my knight and shining armor. as a child i won everytime when i played the "my dad is better than your dad one up game." it's pretty hard to one up someone that has brains, good looks, and is an exceptional athlete. throw in the fact that he is hardworking, kind, spontaneous, and funny- you have an unbeatable combination.
he has made so many sacrifces for myself and the rest of our family. he is the most unselfish person that i know. my dad is the rock in our family. i have never seen him get worked up about much, even as as rebellous teenager he never once lost his cool with me.
he stands firm in the word of God. he has truly shown himself faithful, and has reaped the benefits of standing firm in what he knew was truth.
my children absolutely adore their papa. i absolutely love to watch and listen to them interact with him. he always takes time for the teachable moments. he is never too busy to meet their demands, and those range from making papa's pancakes for breakfast to spending hours on the 4-wheeler. papa has even managed to be the one stuck doing cassi's hair (by the way it turned out great).
on aug. 27th my family would covet your prayers as my dad goes in for surgery. we are asking and seeking that God would be with our "Rock."

7 comments:

scarlett said...

Heather,
What a blessing to have such a wonderful dad. All of you will be in my prayers. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

holman family said...

Heather, we'll be praying for your dad next week! Hope everything else is ok with your family.

Dionna said...

I feel absolutely the same way about my dad - so I can only imagine your emotions right now. Will you be able to go and be with him for the surgery?
Keep us posted okay?

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in our prayers!

Nicole said...

you definately have our prayers on wednesday. so wonderful to have a man in your life like that...that you can call daddy. i have an amazing one too! love you

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. Dads are truly amazing! I will definitely be praying for your dad, the doctors, and all of your family as he goes in tomorrow. Love you!

Louisiana Belle said...

I've been praying for you and your dad (and the rest of your family, of course) all day. I'm so thankful that the surgery went well and we'll continue to pray for healing. Hang in there!