Thursday, July 17, 2008

10 Years


Ten years ago today I married my best friend. Many things have changed during this decade (jobs, kids, our goals, etc.), but the one thing that has remained the same is you still remain my best friend.
My life has been made complete because you are a part of it. I am so grateful to have such a Godly husband and father to our children. So, in honor of our tenth anniversary I am going to give my top ten reasons I am so glad that we are married:
1. You are the spiritual leader of our house. I am so thankful that you are spiritually mature and have a close relationship with the Lord. I do not doubt your decisions or leadership because I know and witness your complete dependence upon Him.
2. The priority that you place upon making our marriage work. Thank you for always making time for me. It is so obvious to me that you are constantly trying to keep our marriage alive.
3. Making me laugh. I can honestly say that I have laughed more in these past 13 years than any other time in my life. I absolutely love your sense of humor! I sure hope when I get old that I don't lose bladder control, because sometimes I laugh so hard at you that I think it could happen!
4. You bring out the best in me. I appreciate the way that you encourage me and try to help me overcome my weaknesses (which are many). You always do it in a loving way. Thank you for always believing in me even when I don't believe in myself.
5. Being the best Dad ever! You are such a Godly example to our kids.
6. Always providing for our family. Thank you for being such a hard worker and meeting all of our needs. I truly appreciate your work ethic.
7. Your call and faithfulness to ministry. It has been awesome to see you grow and mature in your ministry. Thank you for your faithfulness to God's calling for your life. God has truly blessed you with amazing talent, and I am so thankful that you are using it to glorify Him.
8. Your enthusiasm for life and positive outlook. You are definitely the glass is half full instead of half empty type of guy.
9. The way that you love and have accepted my family. I am so grateful that you have such a great relationship with each of them.
10. Your smokin' hot body! Age has been good to you Babe!
Happy ten years! I can't wait to celebrate many more anniversaries w/ you! Thanks for making our tenth so special. Hawaii was such a WONDERFUL trip, mainly because I had time to focus just on you and us. I had time to see the real you again with out any interruptions, and was reminded of all the reasons why I fell in love with you and married you to begin with.

5 comments:

Alisha Beverly said...

Happy 10th Anniversary!

scarlett said...

Woo hoo... you made it a decade! Happy day to you.

Our Ministry said...

You are my hotty!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, such a sweet post. You two are so perfect for each other. Happy Anniversary, you little love birds!

Nicole said...

oh happy day! congrats on 10 years. heres to 10 more!