Thursday, February 7, 2008

EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy to report to you that my little man Chris accepted Christ last night at AWANA! Doug and I have both known that it was about to happen, but I sure wasn't expecting it last night. Both of the twins have been asking tons of questions for about the last 9 months, but we have just not pushed the issue. We want this to be a decision that they make totally on their own.
The reason I know that it was completely genuine is because he missed game time to go pray with his leader. If you know my little man at all you would know that he lives for any kind of game or sport. I am so thankful he was willing to listen to the Holy Spirit!
Mrs. Smith came and told me as I was picking them up, and she was almost as elated as I. We then had to go over and interrupt Worship Team Practice to tell his father.
Last nights theme happened to be sports night. I was running around like a crazy woman trying to find everyone jerseys, hats, baseball pants, etc. I did not give them my typical speech about listening and trying to apply what they heard to their lives. I was more worried about what sports attire they were wearing!
Thank you Lord for answering my prayer when I least expected it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great News!! That's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

That is SO EXCITING!!!!

scarlett said...

What a blessing to receive as a mom! I know that this has touched your heart as well!

Dionna said...

Oh yeah! Congratulations, Chris!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! The kids and I rejoiced all the way home :)K

holman family said...

yay, chris! heather, that's awesome news - congratulations to you all! :)

Angela said...

How exciting! That is such great news! I am so happy to hear that and just praise God!

Anonymous said...

Oh so, EXCITING!!! I am so incredibly happy for Chris and you and Doug. What an amazing thing to experience...seeing your son ask Christ into his heart. He is such a sweet boy. Congratulations little guy. I love you buddy!