Thursday, December 4, 2008

Teeth



My little man was so brave today! He had to go to the oral surgeon this morning and have a tooth pulled that was fused to his bone. He did not even flinch when they stuck in the I.V.(maybe the nitrous oxide helped out a little)! They ended up having to cut the tooth into 4 pieces, and that included the double root that the tooth had. It was HUGE! They said it was a bigger extraction than most adults.

I kept him nice and doped up most of the day so he did not feel any pain. I am a little concerned with how tomorrow will go! There is a huge hole in his mouth that is VERY deep! We are just praying for no pain!

You may notice from the above picture the huge gap in the front....yeah Chris is missing his 3 front teeth. Too bad there is not a song about that! Poor guy he is in for it when it comes to TEETH! Only seven years old and we are already starting with the orthodontist. The list of to be pulled is long....one down many to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love his toothless grin. Good job Chris. Way to go! I'll be praying for him and that he'll be pain free.

holman family said...

oh, heather - he is such a handsome boy! he still has that same sweet little face I met 4 yrs ago (crazy!), but it's maturing into big kid :) Beautiful, beautiful children!