Monday, October 13, 2008

a slice of our life

Trevar has been in violin lessons for 3 weeks now, and already has learned 7 songs. He has also learned those same songs on the piano all by himself. He is working so hard in school!

The other night we were all curled up together reading a stack of new fun books. In the middle of the story Trev reaches over and gives me a huge kiss on the cheek. He then said, "Mom, thanks for reading me books still. I know that I am 10 and can read them on my own, but I am glad you still read to me."
Conversation the other a.m.
Chris: Mom I am so glad you could not have a baby. Sometimes I still can't believe that you picked me! How did you know that you wanted me?
Me: I saw a picture of you and your sister and brother in a rocking chair and I just fell in love with you. From the minute I saw that picture I did everything I could to make sure that you were my baby. God really answered my prayers. (I couldn't really say much as I was so choked up.)
Chris: I think I might adopt or have a baby someday.
A few weeks ago at school everyone was given a T-shirt for Spirit Friday. The teacher did not have enough, and the last little girl that did not get one started throwing a fit. Chris just nonchalantly got up and gave her his T-shirt. He told his teacher he could just get one a different day. My boy has such a tender heart!



Do you de-gree?
Last night we were driving home from Home Team and were cutting it close for bedtime so we said our "Goodnights" in the car. As Chris was praying Cassi kept on saying Amen, Amen, Amen. When he finished praying he asked her why she was saying Amen? She said she was de-greeing with him. I thought Doug and I were going to die laughing! So, our family has yet another new word. I am thinking the Connelly definition would be to agree with just a little disagreement in there as well. Maybe like you agree about 95%.
A few days ago Cassi was singing, "Mary had a Little Lamb" constantly. My mom and her friend stopped by and she literally sang it 15 times. I was telling Doug about it later that night, and he started laughing. Cassi was singing that a.m. and Doug had told her that she had a beautiful voice and sang that song wonderfully. She totally lit up when he told her that. I guess positive reinforcement really does work!
I LOVE these people! They are the reason my life is so rich!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

i love your family too. these are such great stories! keep em coming!

Alisha Beverly said...

I love the story of Chris saying he was thankful you picked him. What a touching memory!

Kim said...

Sweet! Sweet! Sweet! :)K