Sunday, December 16, 2007

Newborn










Well, I can finally say after watching my three FANTASTIC kiddos and their AWESOME Dad in their Christmas program three times I am finally in the Christmas spirit. I am truly inspired and excited to celebrate my dear Savior's birth this year. I am not sure if it was the beautiful singing, the kicking band, or the cute kiddos but God really got a hold of my heart! I have just had such a hard time getting into the spirit- I have dreaded shopping, decorating, wrapping, and attending functions up until now. I guess I have a week to really Christmas it up!
So, back to Newborn- it was great! I LOVED all of the music that Douglas selected. He always stresses so much about how everything is going to flow: music, narration, dance, lights, sound, etc. Just like every year all of his planning, hard work, stress, practice, and delegating turn out for the glory of God!
I must say that Chris and Trev knew every single word of every single song that the kids sang, and they belted the words out. Cassi, on the other hand was terrified on stage! She also participated in a little interpretive dance and actually made it through the whole song all three times. Doug and I were not sure if she would be able to do it?!
Yes, I will have pictures posted soon-but not in my children's Christmas attire! We tried their outfits on late Friday night and were not very successful. I thought I was so organized this year as I had shopped early and purchased the boys 2 outfits (neither fit), and Cassi 3 dresses (1fit). So much for planning ahead! The good part is they all looked adorable anyway!
I will end with this- BRING ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It WAS Fabulous! :) K

Dionna said...

Doug did do such a great job picking out fun and touching music. It was a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I had a blast and thought your kiddos were adorable ( I wouldn't call Doug adorable though...that'd be wierd! )Thanks for sharing your hubby with us. It's such a blessing to have him here and see how God has used his gifts & I greatly appreciate your sacrifice in allowing him to lead us!

Angela said...

I have heard a bunch of awesome things about the Christmas program! I wish that I could have been there! And your kids look so cute! Can't wait to see them... Garrett and I come home this Saturday! yay! :)